Thursday, May 24, 2012

Teacher Gifts

So my Mom arrived earlier this week and when I told her about the end of the year picnic for Patrick’s school she was excited she could attend and then she asked me what I was getting for the teacher’s end of year gift. Well honestly I hadn’t thought about it since we did Christmas gifts for the teachers and I give them the gift of my child every day (hehe) but then I realized she was right. I really do appreciate all that his teachers have done for him and the environment they have created for the kids to learn in and all that good stuff, but more importantly I knew all of the other mom’s would have gifts too. Knowing I probably didn’t have time to make something and I don’t know them well enough to shop for them in a thrift store, I decided on baked goods.

My baking repertoire usually consists of chocolate chip cookies, Betty Crocker’s yellow cake mix and the occasional muffin. While all delicious and actually gift worthy, I was hoping for something a little fancier. Now this is not tiramisu or crème brulee but cheesecake is certainly a little fancier than what I’m used to.  Growing up I remember these cheesecake cupcakes with cherry pie filling on top so I went online and found a recipe. Now I almost feel guilty because my “fancy” gift was incredibly easy, I’m talking 5 ingredients and 15 minutes easy. I better write his teachers a really nice card now.




2 year old cracking eggs....

Vanilla Wafers in cupcake wrappers


Taste Testing






































Vanilla wafers (about 18)
2 (8 oz.) cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar

2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. lemon juice (optional)


Place 1 vanilla wafer in bottom of each cup cake liner. Beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cool. Put cherry pie filling (blueberries or other fruit) on top. I found this recipe at http://ourrecipegroup.blogspot.com/2009/02/cherry-cheesecake-cupcakes.html- Thank you!

So fancy...right?





Okay well I'm actually really happy with how these turned out. They are yummy, very easy and I think with the pretty presentation and nice card they really made a nice gift. And in all seriousness I am kind of sad about the end of Patrick's first school year. His teachers are really wonderful and because of them he will continue to look forward to school for a long time. Even though we debated having him go elsewhere next year for a different schedule I am very excited for him to go back next year. Almost all of his classmates will be returning and he'll have the same teachers. In a military lifestyle we won't always be afforded that continuity and so we are looking forward to taking advantage of it next year. 
Ice Cream Sundae Celebration
End of Year Preschool Program

No comments:

Post a Comment