Thursday, June 21, 2012

I bought something new!


If you can't find Shannon, there's
a 95% chance she has opened the
fridge and found something to eat.
This time it is a contaner full of
Gam's cookie dough.

















So how do you spend over 3000 dollars before noon when you’re buying nothing new for a year.  Well, you have awesome luck! And I mean that both sarcastically and non-sarcastically. It’s been a whirlwind of a two weeks with quite a few sucker punches, dealt by life itself. And that’s okay. Really, sometimes you need some sucker punches in your life to remember you’re only human and there is a much higher power in this world that you NEED. That’s right, I am fully aware that I, myself am not capable of handling all of the situations I have been put in these last couple weeks and I have certainly relied heavily on and been thankful for the faith I have in God to get me through.



















Yeah, I know you’re curious, after 6 weeks of buying nothing new, what in the world did I buy? Well, a good chunk of that money is going towards….wait for it….. a new effluent pump and a clean septic tank! And yes, the pump’s new, but I certainly can’t make one and I definitely can’t or wouldn’t want to try to fix it on my own so a new one it is! Talk about a stroke of good luck, (please sense my sarcasm again) at the hour I get my septic tank pumped, there happens to be a water main break in my town, so the septic pump man can’t use my hose to clean the filter because we have no water. Hah J! Lucky me, I got a FREE tutorial on how to clean my own septic tank filter and I can file the information away on my list of useless, random knowledge (I say useless because while this would be very pertinent information if I were in fact a septic tank pumping lady, I am not and for the record I plan on rescheduling my septic tank pumping next time there is also a water main break I don’t think I will be cleaning anymore filters). So yes all of that accounts for my sarcastically spoken “awesome luck” for today.  And for my actual good luck today, well it is going to remain a secret a while longer, sorry. I will say although it was expensive, it is not a “something new.”
Here she is, in all her glory!
But nevermind the filter, do you see that concrete
block in the back...well it made my workout this
morning seem like a joke!

 *I felt like I earned my Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval....when I cleaned my own septic tank filter


4 comments:

  1. WOW. Just wow!! Praise God I don't have a septic tank!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although some of the projects I have found I can tackle myself were fun (not this particular one), I often miss base housing and the maintenance men who fix everything!

      Delete
  2. Paw-Paw would be very proud of you! I can just hear the two of you discussing the intracacies of the job!!! Well, I had to buy something new too. A brand new air conditioning unit. Then I bought new curtain - and new curtain rods to go with them. And I went to Kohl's with a $5.00 coupon and 30% off so one thing led to another and I bought other new stuff. And then I got $30 of Kohl's cash which I have to redeem within 2 weeks. They said they no longer accept them late so I really will need to get in there to get more stuff. It's a vicious circle. But, I didn't buy any new clothes for myself so I'm still sticking with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did pretty good not buying anything new. Keep going with the no new clothes thing- and you can always start over with the other areas as well,but you're right, I think once you buy one new thing you get on a roll and start justifying other things as well. And yes I would have loved to tell Paw Paw about the septic tank stuff. When my toilet broke a couple years ago and I tried fixing that myself, I was really aching to talk to Paw Paw about that.

      Delete